James asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 3 months ago

Where can I find Big waves in Connecticut?

I know that there are hardly any waves in Connecticut thanks to Long Island but are they're any beaches that I can find that will be able to have some waves like Nantucket, Rhode Island, Martha's Vineyard and Cape Code beaches 

Even when there's a bad storm, the Connecticut coast barely sees any rough surf. Plainly and simply - Connecticut is completely cut off from the open ocean by Long Island. The long and the short of it is that Connecticut has a very calm coast that's completely devoid of waves. Connecticut beaches are also terrible compared to neighboring states. The beaches of New York and Rhode Island and Massachusetts are infinitely superior in every possible way. New Hampshire only has 13 miles of coastline while Connecticut has 96 miles of coastline - that's over seven times as long. Yet New Hampshire's narrow coast is far more dramatic and scenic. But I wouldn't even stick my toe in that water - Seabrook Station Nuclear Plant is right on the coast. If you want waves, go to Long Island. If that's too far, go to Block Island, if that's too far, go to a beach on mainland Rhode Island or in Massachusetts. There are dozens to choose from. Connecticut has never been known for its beaches, and for good reason.   

CT beaches just don't have good waves.  You may find some bigger waves at the eastern-most beaches, but even then, they're not going to be great.