Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

How to gain girlfriends parents trust again ?

A brief overview: me (26) and my girlfriend (25) have been together for over a year, her parents have always looked down at me and thought I have never been good enough for her, we have been friends for 7 years prior to getting together but since we became official there’s always been tensions.

I recently got caught taking drugs in their house and now we are forbidden to see each other, I love her and she loves me and we have planned our whole future together, now I don’t know what to do? 

I ruined everything 

• ?

Tell the parents you are into cunnilingus.  Parents like that.  Especially the mother.

Source(s): Melania Trump

You’re both grown adults so start acting like such zxjqmp

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

You are both adults.  I fail to understand the problem. I can say that when my HUSBAND returned from a business trip and asked me to unpack his suitcase and a parcel of drugs fell out of his coat pocket I threw him out of the house and filed for divorce.  I cannot lose my professional license, and drugs in my house would cause me to lose my license.

You are a 26 year old man who intentionally brought drugs into their home and "got caught" using them in their home. So it's not really "trust" that is the issue here.. it's total disrespect. You disrespected them tremendously and rather like a 16 year old would. A 16 year old might need to regain trust. And adult man who simply flagrantly disrespected them and their home and KNEW it....  This is about your character, not how THEY need to change. This isn't about what they need to do. This is about your character. Why is their 25 year old daughter living with them like a child? What's that about? Both of you come off as teenagers here. Teenagers who get punished, teenagers who are "forbidden" to date anymore, teenagers who live with their parents and get excited about breaking the rules. 

I think, in a case like this, that you stop seeing this girl. If she grows up, supports herself, can get her own place and be in charge of herself... guess, if she's willing to date you then, that you two can resume your relationship. Where do you live, at 26, that makes you hang out at her parents house taking drugs?  I'd like to hear of your PLANNED whole future together. What have you PLANNED that either of you are prepared to actually achieve? 

• ?

Unless your girlfriend is in some way physically or intellectually compromised she's well past the age when she can move out and then you can do drugs to your heart's content at her place. As for them trusting you...you'll probably have to accomplish something major in life that only a non junkie could do before they'll forgive you. 

• Helen

"Forbidden to see each other?" 

You're grown adults, not 14 year olds.

• ?

I wouldn't be all excited & gung ho about my kid dating a loser either.

even a junkie would have the sense not to do drugs in their girlfriend's parents house. AND A 25 year old woman does not need her parent's permission to throw her life away on a loser. her parents can not forbid her, she is a legal adult and can waste her time on whoever she wants.

TROLL