Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 2 months ago

If there are alerts on the motorway saying Report of Pedestrians 60,does this drivers have got to slow down because immigrant hijackers have?

emerged from the back of a lorry

I saw these alerts on M42 from J4 to J1

• miffy
    Favorite Answer

Quite possibly.

I have only seen this sign in Northern France near Calais where wannabe criminal immigrants to the UK  go onto motorways to try and force motorists to carry them across the channel border hidden in cars and trucks.

The speed limit is not made lower than 60 because the authorities don't want vehicles to be forced to stop which is what the criminal  immigrants want  It is intended to avoid cars hitting people while keeping  traffic moving.

In this part of France rest stops have been closed and high barbed wire barriers have been installed on motorways for the same reason. 

Source(s): Personal experience over the last 10 years

I've never seen that. It's not as if a 10 MPH reduction in the speed limit would do much to protect pedestrians on the motorway.