Senior Citizens, do you still do all your own shopping?  If you do that do you drive yourself to the shops or get a bus or taxi home.?

Are there still any places that will do home delivery for you?  I find that very few places will deliver anything these days.  Just a few years ago we used to have a mobile grocery store visit our estate but all we get delivered these days is milk and I'm not sure for how long that will last as most of us now buy large (much more economical) bottles in the supermarkets.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I live in the mountains and there are no delivery services up here. My husband works in town and will shop before he comes home. When he is out of town I drive to pick up supplies. I've not had to go without anything but I sure will be glad when this pandemic is over. I miss shopping!

I still shop for my self, and I walk 5 miles three times a week to the store, up hill both ways, with out shoes.

A bus passes my door every 15 minutes, all coming from the larger town 9 miles away.  During that same hour two more buses pass my door, also going to town but they both started out from different places.   Six buses in one hour is wonderful as my last home was way out of town and just once an hour.  I want to continue doing my own shopping for as long as I possibly can because, once I give up and allow my kids to do it, I'll never get back into the routine.  I'm not far off 80 but I need to keep going because I've seen many others give in and leave their offspring to do their chores etc. and then they just sit back and seem to age three times as fast as they were ageing before. We need t keep going for as long as we possibly can i.m.o.

I'm still driving.

• ?

I do my own shopping, and I have never had a car.  I am fortunate that I live a few blocks from an area that has numerous grocery stores, which I where I do most of my grocery shopping.  

i have a very bad leg after a recent operation and have trouble walking, In Australia on line grocery shopping is a big thing with the bigger super markets, order on line spend over $150 and home delivery is free, order by lunch time one day and it arrives the next day.. never had a problem.

• Judith

Mid 70s.  Do my own shopping.  Car just died but normally drive myself; getting another car in January.  I go to the grocery store once a week; it's the only time I get out except for doctor appointments.

My 94 year old mother still drives.  Does her own everything - shopping, housekeeping, gardening, etc.  She's a very active woman.

I can, if I want, order my groceries online and have the choice of picking them up or having them delivered.  My grocery store (Meijer) has been doing this for years.  Meijer is not the only grocery store in town which delivers groceries.

Since the Pandemic, I have learned that the major grocery stores will deliver for a fee of $9.99.  I also tip.  I get my staples and heavier items this way now, as otherwise I would be taking the bus.  I do go by bus for smaller amounts, and to stores that don't deliver.  

Where I live there is no public transit, nor delivery.  If I want to eat, I have to go into town, and buy groceries myself. 

• Pete

I'm 66 and in not bad shape. In fact I played football up until I was 55.

• Cogito

Yes, I do all my own shopping and I drive myself.

Every supermarket in the UK has a really good delivery service.