Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

My boyfriend told me not to take my makeup off ? Is this wrong!! ?

I was really upset by it, I’m 21 so is he we have been dating for a year and I was taking it off before bed like I normally do, and he said don’t take it off yet and I was like why and he was like I like you with it on. 

For a girl that can really mess with my head specially as I’m insecure about the way I look as it is without makeup. 

My last relationship I didn’t take it off the whole time we was together which means I struggle with really bad acne. I wear makeup around him every day I was only taking it off for bed what do you think it means When he said this? 

Is he wrong? 

Wrong as in not what you should be saying! WRONG 

Touching upon a delicate subject about a females looks.

Favorite Answer

What he said is shallow and hurtful.

You need to tell him how that makes you feel.  You also need to explain that removing make-up before bed is an important part of taking care of your skin and that not doing this can cause acne and clogged pores.

It is possible that he wanted sex and wanted you to still have your make-up on while having sex - again - this would also be shallow.

• T J

This guy is just as bad as your ex. Shallow butt's that they are. To this idiot its about looks. He will never be the one for you.

You're asking random strangers to explain YOUR boyfriend's comment? If you don't understand why he said it, ASK HIM. That's how communication works, child. As for whether he's 'wrong' or not, that question is just plain silly. Wrong how? Wrong in what way? He expressed a desire, he didn't make a statement of fact, so how can be be wrong?

'Not what you should be saying'??? There is no 'should', child. He expressed a desire to you. Did he know that you're were so painfully insecure about your makeup that you would take his request as some kind of insult?? Evidently not, so how can his request be wrong?

• Rick B

Ummmmm.  IF you have a problem with makeup, then WHY DO YOU WEAR IT????  If you did not think that you looked better with makeup on, then you would not wear makeup.

JEEZ!!!

Of course he was not wrong.  He was expressing his FEELINGS.  He likes the way you look with makeup.  

If that upsets you, then you can tell him that.

He's not wrong at all. It's you that's wrong for choosing a moron.