How to live with regrets?

Looking back, I have made so many mistakes, so many wrong decisions. I have brought so much pain and misery upon myself because of my ignorance. And now, I have made some damages to myself that are permanent, so I have to live with it. Only now I understand my mistakes and how misled my mindset was. it hunts me everyday. I feel suicidal everyday. I have no idea how to make up my mind and continue this life. 

Favorite Answer

You have said the word - ignorance. We live and learn.

We can't change the past, but we can repair the damage, or at least repair damage elsewhere. Whenever you're kind to a stranger, in a way it's like being kind to people you know.

It wouldn't be at all surprising if you're exaggerating this. You've said that you have a history of depression, and a sense of guilt that is unwarranted is a frequent symptom. 

I have advice from experts about depression in my answers. There's a lot of things that can help. You're welcome to click on my name and read

Although I know almost nothing about you, I’m willing to bet that things aren’t as bad as you think they are. You’re looking at things through depression glasses, which make everything look worse. When you recover, things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions. You’ll appreciate things as you never have before.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

Only hardcore psych meds can really cure your illness zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

spending too much time on it will generate other regrets, they must not become the quicksand of hindsight, but experience and awareness of now, always thinking and investigating the present, to find what you don't want becomes another future regret.