Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Do dogs need food?

I just got my first dog and I'm not sure I know how to take care of it. 

No one needs to be rude to you, however, I highly recommending taking your dog back and researching before you own. Dogs need a lot of time, money, and commitment to help them thrive. Please, do what's best for your pet and get them a home where they know how to take care of dogs. Then you can research for yourself.

Yes, food is very important for a dog.  

• ?

Are you kidding or what?  Everything needs food - even inanimate objects such as cars can't run without petrol which is their food.  How much more an animal for goodness' sake - how old are you to be asking such a question?  You shouldn't have an animal if you don't even know its basic needs - food, water, sleep, exercise/toilet and lots of love and praise.

I don’t think pets need variety. I’ve never seen any pets get bored of their food. I’ve been feeding my pets the same food every day twice a day for about 7 years now, and there still hasn’t been a mealtime where she isn’t overjoyed and eating veraciously.

Our sense of taste is much more important to us than the sense of taste is to a pets. We have highly developed taste buds to help us distinguish poisonous or unpleasant foods from healthy and safe foods. Why do we dislike things that are super bitter? Because many bitter plants will make you ill, or at least make your stomach upset.

pets, on the other hand, will eat almost anything they find that seems edible. Think about it: pets eat garbage, rotten food, poop, and even their own vomit. I’ve even seem my pets eat something, clearly dislike the taste of it, and swallow it anyway. Do you really think they would do that if they factored taste in? (Of course, there are some “picky” dogs out there, but I believe their refusal to eat has a lot more to do with anxiety and a fear of unfamiliar things than it does with not enjoying the taste of something.) They can get away with this because they have a much easier time vomiting things than we do. For us humans, it’s a whole ordeal, and only happens if we’re extremely sick. Some dogs will just vomit because they haven’t eaten in too long, or vomit right after eating. Our bodies’ defense against poisonous or unsanitary food is our sense of taste. A pets body’s defense against poisonous or unsanitary food is vomiting.

LEARN MY SIMPLE TECHNIQUES FOR UNLOCKING YOUR DOG'S NATURAL INTELLIGENCE YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW QUICKLY PROBLEM BEHAVIORS DISAPPEAR AND YOUR DOG STARTS TO OBEY YOU!

• Yes, of course. Dogs need food. You should only feed your dog actual dog food and not people food, especially if your dog is very young.

When your dog is older you can sometimes feed it small amounts of chicken or beef but generally you should stick to feeding your dog only dog food.

• ?

Of course.....

Ever had one of these in your laundry basket?

Stuffed dogs don't need to be fed.  Real dogs do.  If you don't know how to take care of it, why did you get it?  Didn't you do your research?

You have to be a troll to post this question.

Yes, they do and some dogs prefer different brands so find their favorite 

Why did you get a dog if you do not even know if it needs food or not? Yes, a dog does need food smallbrain.

Take the dog back and get a pet rock. You are clearly not cut out for the commitment and knowledge required.