Why is Dove Bar soap bad for your face?

It works for me...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Moisturizing soaps and skin cleansers do wonderful things for most of my skin but if I use them on my face, I get blackheads. At my house we have Dove at every sink; it's great for handwashing. But each person has his/her own face and bath products. 

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Who said it was bad? I've never heard that. I use it to was my face with every time I shower. It doesn't dry skin like other soaps. Keep using it. Whoever said that to you doesn't know what they're talking about.

• 1 month ago

I gotta say - bar soap makes your skin pretty dry , ‘specially if you have sensitive skin.

• 1 month ago

It also works for me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's  not bad for your anyone, it's  up to your skin characteristics. Is is suitable for your skin or not.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it's not bad for everybody and not all people will have a bad reaction too it

• 2 months ago

Works for me too. All any cleanser can do is clean. Skin care ingredients and "vitamins" are wasted in cleansers because they get rinsed  down the drain before they can do anything. Dove does exactly what it says: cleans and doesn't dry out the skin. Followed with a simple moisturizer it's a simple easy to follow skin care routine for anyone with normal healthy skin. The people who say the worst things about any simple inexpensive beauty product are ALWAYS trying to sell a far more expensive and complicated beauty product.

• 2 months ago

Makes me itch. Can't even use it on my body.

• 2 months ago

It’s not ... but it’s a bit harsh for some people... also it’s a very basic cleanser some people may want like vitamins and other stuff in their cleanser 

• 2 months ago

"Dove's head dermatologist Dr. Mona Gohara wants you to step away from the bar soap. ... But if a cleanser is made with too many surfactants, like sodium lauryl sulfate (something many bar soaps are made with), then it can dry or irritate your skin."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.