Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My boyfriend is going out of town with his family,his child and his child mother. ?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2years. And the past I have caught him flirting with his child mother, and he told me he just did that to see where her head is. Long story short his father died,(he wasn’t close to his father and his child mother wasn’t either) the funeral service will be held out of town and his sister invited his child mother (they are very close) and his child mother agreed to go. I was up set with him because he didn’t tell me she was going (I checked his phone) we got into a disagreement about it and he went silent on me for 4days, he finally text me and asked will I be coming to get my things.come to find out that he was on the phone with his child mother for an hour one of the days he didnt talk to me. They will all be living in a Airbnb together. Am I out of line for being angry with him ? Should I just leave?    

Also he said he didn’t invite me because he know I don’t care to be around his family which is true because they don’t accept me they team his child mother 

I ended things I believe he drove back with her. When I was calling he didn’t pick up the phone. I’m so hurt because all this time I new it but I thought I would change him. Guess not my healing starts now 

Let him.cheat and then go from there.

not much you can do about it

• ?

You've chosen to put yourself into a situation where unless you marry this guy and have a child with him his family will probably never accept you as one of them. On top of that this guy either still fancies his coparent or they're just being really mature about coparenting as exes. So it's a tough situation and not one that most people would sign up for. But you did, so now you'll either have to just deal with it or take yourself out of it. It would of course be evil to want this guy and his coparent to not get along (for the sake of the kid). Having to watch that though wouldn't be easy, especially for someone with the ingrained insecurities you seem to have. 

• T J

Why were you not asked to go also?  He is not over his ex. Run from him. He asked if you were getting your things, he know its over. so, get your things and forget all about that mess.