My mom doesn’t believe I’m transgender?

I told her that I wanted to see a gender therapist because I want to start transitioning from male to female. My mom is okay with her kids being trans but she doesn’t believe that I am because I have short hair and that I’ve never never said anything to her before. Well ya! I didn’t want to tell you before because I was too scared to tell her in case she was transphobic or something. What should I tell her to convince that I’m actually trans??

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Explain the dysphoria you suffer. Explain what it does to you. Tell her when you first noticed it.. give her indicators.

"My mom is okay with her kids being trans but she doesn’t believe that I am because I have short hair and that I’ve never never said anything to her before. Well ya! I didn’t want to tell you before because I was too scared to tell her"

Tell her that and also say:

If you won't listen to me, let's see what the gender therapist says.

Hopefully they can help her see the light.

Well - just prove it. what??

Some people like with their children or anything else sometimes believe their own lies and it is best to let it go as one of those things not to argue about it isn't worth it.

How old are you?