Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How to stop comparing myself to his ex?

I compare myself to my husband’s ex on a daily basis. I feel like it’s unhealthy and I’m embarrassed to even say it because I know that it’s stupid. My husband would just tell me you’re stupid I love you and no one else. However I see his ex and constantly feel like she’s more successful than me, and more beautiful. I don’t think I’m ugly by any means but I see her and then immediately start picking out what I don’t have. What do I do this about this? 

I guess I should clarify that my ex best friend is now her current best friend. Long story. However I’m still friends with my ex best friend on Facebook because there’s really no hard feelings but I still see her trash talking him

You may think the ex is more beautiful, more this or that, but appearances can he deceiving.  Her life is not the perfect one you seem to think it is.  And there's a reason she's the ex.  Focus on yourself, and the things you love to do.  When it comes down to it, constant comparing won't do a thing for you except waste your time and energy.  Stay off social media which is also a huge waste of time, and focus on your husband and your marriage.

??? he's your husband... you have him now, for good. i don't understand... 

how is she more successful? then work towards also being successful. stay off of her social media. seriously. don't look at it then you won't have to see her and compare yourself.