Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Question about government disability?

If you had previously been on government disability and had gotten off and wanted to join police or go to fbi academy or join the army, would you be able to? Or would previously being on disability prevent you from that?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I suppose that'd mean you were never really disabled to begin with and you'd have to pay that money back now, wouldn't it?

  • 1 month ago

    Sounds like if you continued to collect a disability welfare check, and then decided you really were not disabled would tell me you were dishonest and a cheat to the welfare system.

    Not someone you want/need  to put into a responsible role.

    You already showed your true colors!

  • 1 month ago

    You would have to prove that you were no longer disabled

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Too many factors, including the nature of the disability and the intended job requirements.  

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TomB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Depends on the agency in question, what that disability is or was, what medications (if any) were involved in the treatment of your disability and how long you have been off them.

    If you meet or exceed the employment requirements (physical, mental and academic) on their web site you can apply and a representative of that agency can answer more specific questions.

  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You would have to prove that you are no longer disabled. Simply coming off the program isn't enough.  You would need to be evaluated by a doctor that can sign off saying that you are healthy.  There are some conditions that simply having them in your history is enough to disqualify you.  

  • 2 months ago

    you might be able to but you might find it harder to get back on disability if you needed it later

  • 2 months ago

    Nothing would be stopping you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.