Does pre-seed work if you have a heavy period 2 days later that last for 4 days?

So I use to have a Mirena IUD that I had for 1 1/2 years and got removed about 2 months ago. My boyfriend and I have used pre-seed for 3 days trying to conceive. 2 days later I had a heavy period that lasted 4 days. Can anyone tell me what does this does this mean I’m not pregnant and that pre-seed didn’t work for us?

Pre-Seed is a LUBRICANT that is "gentle" enough not to kill or harm sperm.

If you regularly need to use lubricant during sex because you lack natural lubrication, then Pre-Seed is a better option than other sexual lubricants.  If you don't usually need lubrication during sex - then Pre-Seed is NOT going to help you at all.

Pre-Seed is NOT a fertility treatment of any kind.  If either of you have a fertility problem - Pre-Seed is NOT going to help or fix it.  It is ONLY LUBRICANT.

You need to have sex at the right time of your cycle.  A few days before your period is due is NOT the right time.  Ovulation usually happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE a period happens.  The egg only lives 12 to 24 hours.  You failed because you had sex too late in your cycle.  Pre-Seed did not fail - it did it's job - it LUBRICATED during sex - that is all it is suppose to do.  You still need to have sex at the right time of your cycle for the egg and sperm to both be there and since the egg only lives 12 to 24 hours - that is a very limited time frame during your cycle.

The EASIEST way to become pregnant is to have sex once every three days.  That's all.  Don't use anything.  Don't track anything.  Just have sex at least once every three days anytime you are not actually bleeding.   Sperm can live inside you for up to five days and wait for the egg.  Having sex at least once every three days will help make sure there is a live supply there no matter when the egg arrives.

It takes the average couple anything between three months to one year of trying before actually becoming pregnant.  Even when conception happens, implantation sometimes fails.  One month of not being successful means NOTHING.  If you are under the age of 30 - then try for 18 months and if nothing happens - consult a fertility specialist.  If you are over the age of 30 - then try for 12 months and then consult a fertility specialist.

i would ask your doctor about it

• helene

What do you mean by "pre-seed didn't work?" It's just a lubricant. If it lubricated you, it worked. 

If you got your period 5 days after you started having sex, you were almost certainly way past ovulation,  and without an egg, no amount of sex, sperm, or lubricant will make you pregnant.

No, you are not pregnant this time.