Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Is it possible to be completely immune to the Coronavirus?

I think I might actually be. I live with my mom she's had it for 2 days now. I know it takes 3 days after exposer to show symptoms but I'm not getting syptoms in the slightest. So could I possibly be immune?

By completely immune I'm not talking about catching it once and then you're immune I'm talking about completely immune. My mom was one of those people that didn't believe in it.

It's really unknown at this time. However you may have it and not know as some people don't show any symptoms but still pass it to others.

If you go for 14 days quanrantine & follow all conditions of doctor.. then you will be completely immune from covid

• Liz

It can take up to 14 days after exposure to show symptoms and there are many people who have covid, but don’t show any symptoms. You can still be contagious. 

"immune"? we don't know immunity works yet.

However, it's very common to need very high exposure to viral membranes to get enough viral load to make you sick.

54% of individuals with adequate levels of vitamin D will not get covid.

This means that approximately 32% of adults in the USA needs excessive amounts of viral load to acquire covid.

Researchers are unsure what causes immunity to covid.  There are antibodies solely related to covid.  However, there are also cell changes that every covid patient has but these are not exclusive to covid.  If it ends up being that the cell changes are what causes immunity than all the people who have this existing cell change are immune to covid.

No it is not possible. Avoid any close contact with her and DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE or you could spread it causing death. 

• Murzy

You could be asymptomatic and be a spreader of the virus. 

No evidence of that so far. Otherwise, people wouldn't be catching it twice. Coronavirus works sort of like influenza and nobody has a "natural immunity" against the flu.