Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 2 months ago

Should I do why you should quit smoking as my persuasive speech for class?

I have to do a persuasive speech assignment for class. I was going to do why people should quit smoking as my persuasive speech, but i didnt want the teacher to think I just did it cause it was an easy topic.I think quiting  smoking is a common topic that everyone has heard, but I kinda want to do it about that. Do u think I should change my speech?

• ?

no. {when it comes to smoking "persuation" usually ends up being nagging.}

• John

The answer is no.  My grandson is taking Public Speech now, and a few weeks ago he was trying to decide on a topic for a persuasive speech.  He told me the professor told the class not to speak about something like why people should quit smoking.  The reasons were: (1) smokers already know the dangers of smoking, and do not have to be persuaded they should quit, and (2) the topic assumes that everyone is a smoker.  

• fcas80

Find an unusual viewpoint.  Interview someone who knows they should quit, who coughs up a storm, but can't because they are so addicted.