Billy asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What is a narcissist ?

Are they mentally ill

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is some one that has expectation's from other's but not from them selves.

A person with double standard's.

A person that will disassemble you behind your back. (a nark)

A gossiper, and mutilator.

A person with excuses and no reason.

• 2 months ago

trump is an example of a narcissist

• Lila
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

A narcissist is someone who has an over inflated opinion of themselves and their importance or abilities. It isn't in itself a mental illness but rather a symptom of some mental illnesses and personality disorders like borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder. Sometimes in mental illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder the person can have delusions of grandeur with comes across as narcissistic but this usually resolves when the illness is treated. So to answer your question, yes people who are narcissistic can be mentally ill but some people you will find are just that way without being clinically mentally ill.

• 2 months ago

A narcissist loves him/herself and has a warped viewpoint of their own importance.  They are members of the "Me, me, me" generation.  Usually it is a matter of an improper self-image.  Everyone has a "streak" of narcissism, but when it gets in the way of having reasonable relationships with others, it because neurotic narcissism.  That is when it becomes a mental illness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.