Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Small laceration on the sole of my foot ?

Yesterday I had a minor laceration on the sole of my right foot, not in the centre of the foot but more toward the right were the foot is very hardened. Anyway, it only bled a very small amount, eventually I couldn’t even locate where it was. Come today it hurts to walk on the foot directly, to the point where I am wearing sandals inside the house, and the area is visible (in contrast to yesterday when I could hardly locate it). 

I’ve never had a laceration on the sole of my foot, so I am wondering if this pain when walking or applying pressure on the area is normal or might there be something imbedded in the foot?. I tried squeezing it when it started bleeding then later soaked it in water - nothing. 

I bet the pain is worse because when you step on it, the pressure either presses the cut, or opens it a little.

You can make it better by putting a bandage on it even though it's not bleeding, keeping it clean, and changing your gait to exert no pressure there. It should begin healing within a couple days.

This laceration... is it like cracked skin? If so, then get some heel balm from the pharmacy.

• !

Theres a lot of nerves and muscles in the foot, so pain when you put weight on it is normal. The only way yo be sure whether something is embedded would be an ultrasound of the area