Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

What other ID’s can I use if I don’t have a drivers license ID to travel?

I don’t have a drivers license but I do have a state ID. I hear that you need at least 2 identifications to confirm. I live in FL and I want to go see my sister who lives in NY. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Call the airline and ask what is acceptable form of ID.

You definitely don't want to get there and be unable to get through the gate.

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Apply for a Passport.  Often times, a Passport is better than a Driver's License.

• 2 months ago

If you fly, starting in Oct. of next year, you'll need a verified ID which will be issued the same as your state id. Yours may already have one. They were supposed to be required a couple of months ago, but it was postponed due to coronavirus.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The "state ID" should be sufficient.  Why would you need even that.  Then get a Tattoo on your forehead that says Me?   Strange that you have to have that.  Usually a Benjamin is enough.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you travel by plane, you will need what is called a "real ID."  Get them from your state's DMV.  Otherwise only one ID is needed.

• May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You could get a state or federal issued I.D. card with your picture.  I've never heard that you need 2 such I.D.'s

• 2 months ago

You only need one.  A state ID that has a photo on it is fine for now (they aren't enforcing the "real ID" requirements yet because some states closed the places to get those due to COVID-19)..

• 2 months ago

It all depends on how you travel. I guess more then one ID might be needed if you fly, or at least 

I checked the TSA site to find out how much ID a person needs and here is a quote:

"Beginning October 1, 2021, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Check for the star. REAL ID-compliant cards are marked with a star at the top of the card."

The rules now are only a "positive ID" which is one issue by a legal authority which has a picture on it. So a State of Florida ID card should satisfy that requirement.

If you travel any other way the state ID will work also.

So I don't know where the 2 ID's concept comes from.

Alternate ID's would include a student ID card or employee badge (ID).

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The only time you need to travel interstate is with a Federal Real ID -- or you U.S. Passport.  No other ID's needed if you have a Passport or a "Real ID."

IF your Florida ID is not already a "Real ID," get it upgraded.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Passport can be used.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.