Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

What other ID’s can I use if I don’t have a drivers license ID to travel?

I don’t have a drivers license but I do have a state ID. I hear that you need at least 2 identifications to confirm. I live in FL and I want to go see my sister who lives in NY. 

Call the airline and ask what is acceptable form of ID.

You definitely don't want to get there and be unable to get through the gate.

• L

Apply for a Passport.  Often times, a Passport is better than a Driver's License.

If you fly, starting in Oct. of next year, you'll need a verified ID which will be issued the same as your state id. Yours may already have one. They were supposed to be required a couple of months ago, but it was postponed due to coronavirus.

The "state ID" should be sufficient.  Why would you need even that.  Then get a Tattoo on your forehead that says Me?   Strange that you have to have that.  Usually a Benjamin is enough.

If you travel by plane, you will need what is called a "real ID."  Get them from your state's DMV.  Otherwise only one ID is needed.

• May

You could get a state or federal issued I.D. card with your picture.  I've never heard that you need 2 such I.D.'s

You only need one.  A state ID that has a photo on it is fine for now (they aren't enforcing the "real ID" requirements yet because some states closed the places to get those due to COVID-19)..

It all depends on how you travel. I guess more then one ID might be needed if you fly, or at least 

I checked the TSA site to find out how much ID a person needs and here is a quote:

"Beginning October 1, 2021, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Check for the star. REAL ID-compliant cards are marked with a star at the top of the card."

The rules now are only a "positive ID" which is one issue by a legal authority which has a picture on it. So a State of Florida ID card should satisfy that requirement.

If you travel any other way the state ID will work also.

So I don't know where the 2 ID's concept comes from.

Alternate ID's would include a student ID card or employee badge (ID).

• ?

The only time you need to travel interstate is with a Federal Real ID -- or you U.S. Passport.  No other ID's needed if you have a Passport or a "Real ID."

IF your Florida ID is not already a "Real ID," get it upgraded.

Passport can be used.