Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Can I get life insurance for my dog?

Hes an expensive purebred.   Can I get some kind of life insurance, so if he dies as a result of an accident or unexpected illness, I can get the funds to replace him?

I mean obviously it wouldn't cover old age, or health issues that are prevalent for the breed.

• Maxi

Contact insurance companies and ask.......... insurers will insure anything/every event BUT the cost of doing so  may be too much.... accident/medical illness is normal pet insurance , insuring old for new maybe/maybe not

You can't get a LOT of insurance but it IS a side benefit of certain health insurance policies.  I didn't even know it existed until my Labrador died and I received a "death benefit" check.  Call companies and ask.  "Old age" is not a cause of death.  It must be specific, such as cardiac arrest due to old age.  My dog was covered for all health issues.

• ?

Any policy is very likely to cost you more than you will recover but I am sure some insurance agent (somewhere) would be glad to prepare a pricey policy for you.  Lloyd's of London - is a specialist in insurance & risk covering on absolutely anything and everything - even a dancer or actress's legs, in case or breakage.

I'd put my money in a good fence, double locks on all gates and pet health insurance, instead.

Never heard of such a thing.  Maybe you should call an insurance agent and ask them, so you could give them their free entertainment for the day, same as you asking this question here.  This site IS free entertainment outside of the cost of an internet provider.