Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 3 months ago

Advice for staying awake for like, 30-ish hours?

I am currently in college, I have so much to do all at once and I am FREAKING OUT. Finals are coming up and there is still tons of new material in classes. It would make me feel so much better to stay at it non stop overnight and get a ton of additional things done but my body thinks otherwise. Even without staying up all night, I have reduced enough sleep that I often find myself involuntarily falling asleep no matter what I do, even if I am sitting upright in an uncomfortable chair. It's very frustrating. I've considered using an excessive amount of caffeine but I'm not sure exactly how much to use, especially since they interact with my meds and I am technically supposed to have none at all. I've also considered taking half a dose of my meds because they make me extremely drowsy, but this can have very bad consequences. Anyone have any suggestions that won't land me in the hospital(this would of course be contraindicated as it would screw with the whole original plan)?

The secret of it is to take a nap in the afternoon of no longer than 20 minutes. Set your phone timer to wake you up.

Eat right. Exercise. Sleep. Study wisely. 

How well do you think you will do on your tests if you are not taking care of your body? 

staying awake for to long greatly increases your odds for a psycotic episode .