Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How rapidly can one reduce their waistline?

I'm a male , aged 35.

I've been walking at a normal

pace outdoors for 1 hrs and 15 min daily.

I've been doing this for one week.

I've also introduced protein shakes into my diet.  And I've increased  water intake .

My diet has somewhat changed as well.

I'm currently  a 46 in the  waist. 

How rapidly can I achieve the  next size

Down- a 44 ?

• Andy C
    Favorite Answer

I don't really have time to answer (waiting on HVAC service), but exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain. 

Yes society is wrong.   Dead wrong.   At 45, this shouldn't be too surprising. 

Here:

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
  • kelvin

add more vigorous exercises and you can do it

• ?

Neither protein shakes nor walking are going to make a major difference in your weight or your waste.  Fat loss is 80% diet and requires being in a calorie deficit.  

If you normal eat a lot of carbohydrates, sweets, and or carbonated drinks, you can lose a couple inches in your belly by decreasing bloat in just a few days.  That, however, is not actual fat loss.  As a guy with a 46" waist, you need to adopt some lifestyle changes that will help your reduce your waist size below 40" so you can decrease you risk of serious health issues.  Good luck!

A healthy weight (fat) loss goal is 1-2 pounds per week.  Not all of that will come from your belly area.  Just keep at it.  For many people, a clothing size change comes with 10-20 pounds of fat loss, so it can take a couple of months to reach that point.