Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetWikipedia · 2 months ago

Why are opinion articles often used as sources in Wikipedia entries?

I guess this is why Wikipedia isn't considered a reputable and reliable site to do research, huh? 

Anybody canupdate their thoughts, if the information is valid

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. However, because Wikipedia is a volunteer-run project, it cannot monitor every contribution all the time.

Are you positive wikipedia isn't considered a reputable site?

Perhaps there are people who don't consider wikipedia a reputable site, but if you were to do cross referencing with other sources then should be able to figure out, for yourself if wikipedia is, or is not a reputable site.

When I do my research, I always use different sources. I never use just 1 source!

• JOHN B

The opinions stated are derived from investigating reputable sources.

• garry

wiki is set up by the users , and the users arent accurate , thats why we got to reputable sites to get information , you know they get the information of specialist and confirm them , wiki depends on users who dont get paid and dont check the legitamicy .

• ?

UNKNOWN AND WHY IS this ques here? TIRH

Because man loves to have his ears tickled.    "What Is Truth'? 

• Bob

And this has to do with Religion how?

Important political topics in Wikipedia are edited and locked by leftists. It is almost impossible for others to provide a different POV.

Actually anyone can edit a wikipedia article