? asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

Motorcycle accident ?

I was in a motorcycle accident a few months ago. I was not at fault. I got some bad road rash and a broken tibia. No surgery required.  I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience and how much did they receive for pain and suffering and everything. I was wondering if it would be in the ball park of like maybe a few hundred or a few grand or like 15k+? Just wondering. Thanks 


I had on a full face helmet, steel toe boots, jeans, leather jacket and full finger gloves. I was lucky and wearing all my gear. 

7 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    In the UK, about 10 years ago, a guy in a car pulled into me as I was in a right turn filter lane. He decided suddenly he wanted to go right. I had a badly bruised leg and some cuts, bike had some scratches on the chrome crank case cover.

    It was totally his fault, guy behind me saw it all. His insurance company wanted to blame me despite all the evidence and dragged it on and on.

    In the end I said I'd see them in court. They offered $6000 on the basis I was 25% to blame - I just took it because I couldn't be bothered any more with the time wasting.

    As I lay on the ground in considerable pain from my leg, the car driver came up and took photos of the damage to his car - my leg and bike had ripped hir front fender off.

    What a scumbag.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Every accident is DIFFERENT. There is no BALL PARK FIGURE. You say you were not at fault.  "That is your opinion"

    Many times you get to continue to live YOUR LIFE as payment.

    NOTHING MORE.  It was a teaching Lesson for you.

    You should be talking to an accident Lawyer.

    Don't expect ANYTHING. You are the GAMBLER.

    Learn to ride without crashing as it hurts less and you won't end up a gimp.

  • adam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    your asking us????? Talk to an injury lawyer. The consultation is free.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Where you are in the world will make a difference.

    Were you insured?

    Was anyone else directly involved?

    Were they insured?

    Have they admitted fault?

    What damage was done to your bike?

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    A real shark lawyer might help you cook up a big fat suit, but you'll have to play along. Talk to your insurance agent. Just for complaining, they might throw you a couple of grand. Think about your real loss...pain...missed work....alienation of affection......medicine cost.....psychiatrist.......can't find your wedding ring and your fraternity ring since the wreck....lost your apartment...then after abut 5 years you might collect a few grand.

  • Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Ask your insurer. Or consult a lawyer.

  • 2 months ago

    If you were wearing protective equipment you will receive more. I've never been in an accident though.

    Edit: nice that you were wearing gear. If you are interested talk to a lawyer for a consultation

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.