Do I have diabetes?

So I started to notice that for a while now, I have been peeing a lot. I am a 21 year old man who is 5’10” and 155 lbs. Sometimes I urinate 10-12 times a day. On average, I feel like it’s almost once every hour. Sometimes I urinate a lot before I have even taken a drink on that day. I do drink a lot of sugary and caffeinated drinks, but I still feel like this is bad. For example, I already urinated three times today, and haven’t drank anything yet. What is wrong with me? I have no other symptoms. Do I have diabetes?

• Shay

Maybe - Maybe not.

But it certainly sounds like you need to go to the doctor and discuss your frequent urination problems so that the doctor can run tests to determine the cause - whatever it might be.  

Fist go to a pharmacist and have a pin-prick test blood test. If that comes back high, then go and see your family doctor and have other blood tests done along with the pin prick test again. Also explain the excessive drinking, peeing, tiredness etc.  He may prescribe medicines and also refer you to a specialist diabetic doctor for ongoing treatment.

Source(s): A type-2 diabetic.

Do you have diabetes? No idea, have you been tested and told that you have diabetes by a doctor, based on your lab results? If not, you don't. At least not until a doctor tells you that your are. 

Any number of reasons/causes for urinating more than YOU assume is normal. If worried, go to a doctor with your concern, and get lab work done to find out one way or the other. That way you don't have to wonder, worry or ask strangers on the internet to diagnose you based on your limited  description of what you assume is a problem. 

• ?

have you saw your doctor and got tested

• Rick

see your family doctor and FIND OUT FOR SURE