Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

My gf (ldr) won't even come home for Xmas. What would you do?

So I'm in medical school and I've been studying hard for a big exam I'll have in spring,it's really tough but since I've stared studying so much time in advance I'm good... or so I thought. Thing is that today I've learned that my gf will not come home for christmas ( we are in a ldr). I met her in 10th grade but 2 years ago she moved for college to New Jersey and we're from upper state Ny. I haven't seen her for a month because of covid and stuff but somehow I found comfort knowing I would have seen her at leat for Xmas. Today I've learned that she posted a instagram story asking if anyone else is in California for Xmas. I mean not only she's not coming home but she didn't even tell me. I learned it from the goddamn instagram stories. I texted her and didn't even get a reply.  I'm not the kind of guy who calls or texts multiple times if I don't get a reply. I won't call or text her until I hear from her but what the hell? I don't deserve this... what would you do? What makes me even more miserable is that I know lots of people in ldr and their SO will come home for the holidays no matter what just to see friends and family but apparently she won't.... why do I have to love someone like that? not fair

probelm is that i can't even focus on my studies now..

You're in med school and you have to ask random people on the internet for advice.... Yeah believe it.

I'd be glad she's taking the risk of infection seriously and staying put so as not to endanger others. 

Mental illness is a side effect of living in a covid society.  Both you and your girlfriend included.  Do not hold any decision made at this time against her .  And try not to make too many yourself.

Everybody is making sacrifices right now.

You don't have to love someone like that. It's time to break up with her.