Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

My gf (ldr) won't even come home for Xmas. What would you do?

So I'm in medical school and I've been studying hard for a big exam I'll have in spring,it's really tough but since I've stared studying so much time in advance I'm good... or so I thought. Thing is that today I've learned that my gf will not come home for christmas ( we are in a ldr). I met her in 10th grade but 2 years ago she moved for college to New Jersey and we're from upper state Ny. I haven't seen her for a month because of covid and stuff but somehow I found comfort knowing I would have seen her at leat for Xmas. Today I've learned that she posted a instagram story asking if anyone else is in California for Xmas. I mean not only she's not coming home but she didn't even tell me. I learned it from the goddamn instagram stories. I texted her and didn't even get a reply.  I'm not the kind of guy who calls or texts multiple times if I don't get a reply. I won't call or text her until I hear from her but what the hell? I don't deserve this... what would you do? What makes me even more miserable is that I know lots of people in ldr and their SO will come home for the holidays no matter what just to see friends and family but apparently she won't.... why do I have to love someone like that? not fair

Update:

probelm is that i can't even focus on my studies now..

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You're in med school and you have to ask random people on the internet for advice.... Yeah believe it.

• 2 months ago

I'd be glad she's taking the risk of infection seriously and staying put so as not to endanger others. 

• 2 months ago

Mental illness is a side effect of living in a covid society.  Both you and your girlfriend included.  Do not hold any decision made at this time against her .  And try not to make too many yourself.

Everybody is making sacrifices right now.

• 2 months ago

You don't have to love someone like that. It's time to break up with her. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.