Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is this very impolite from my professor so I can report him? Also, what does "your own death sentence" mean ?

Here is the email:

Andrew (my name),

What in the world is going on with you? Just what the Hell are you waiting for, please submit your research paper. It was due earlier and I made it clear on the syllabus that any submissions after yesterday would be declined but I am making you an exception because I do not want to fail another student - failure to submit the research paper is basically your own death sentence, because it's impossible to pass my class without the research paper, it's an automatic F. I see you're graduating and are doing so good in my class, I would hate to drop your grade from a B+ to an F, please submit by the end of today. I will have to reduce 15 points for being late. 

H's actually giving you a little break. He could have just failed you. Reporting him would be fruitless.

• W

Not everything can be rectified by 'reporting' someone, you pathetic snowflake. He's cutting you a bigger break than I would have. I'd have failed your lazy butt and not said another word. Try that after you graduate in your first job. See how far it gets you. Heed the man and let it be a life lesson. 

if you are touchy about the language

used in the mail,

you reciprocate by replying fukc you.

that should make you totally happy.

"your own death sentence" = you're shooting yourself in the foot

Dude, the prof cares about you and is frustrated that you aren't doing what you're supposed to do.  Report him and you'll look like a total idiot.

Ignore the answer that says to turn your paper in unfinished.  It will get an automatic F.

• garry

its an adage or saying , drug takers sign there own death , smokers sign there own death . thinks you would know that , or you been asleep in english classes ...

You can report him, but I kind of doubt it'll go anywhere. Consider yourself lucky you have a professor who has just made an exception for you and do your damn work. 

Impolite? No! He's bending over backwards to try to pass you. 

He was trying to do you a favor. If his language is a bit salty, it's to wake you up to the fact that you are failing the class! 

Just email him back and tell him you've already resigned yourself that you're going to fail his class and not graduate on time. Or turn in your paper: your choice. 

• fcas80

Your prof could have been more polite.

However, which is the better use of your time:  submitting your paper, or reporting him?

And if you report him, how fair do you think he will be when he grades your paper?

OMG you want to report him because YOU fcked up??? OMG Karen; really. Have a seat in this pew~ the sermon is about to start. 

YOU decided to take his course~ he never  begged you to take it. Same as everyone else.

YOU were given the syllabus at the beginning of the year. Same as everyone else. 

YOU knew when your assignments were due. Same as everyone else.

YOU are in charge of getting them done at the appropraite time. Same as everyone else. 

YOU were aware of the consequences of failing to uphold your side of the bargain.  Same as everyone else. 

In other words, you have no one to blame but yourself, and should consider yourself da*n lucky he is giving you one last lifeline. He doesn't need to do that. This is him trying to help you, not break your @$$. You are an adult now, He has dozens and dozens of students he needs to get this course out to, you included. They are expecting him to be at his best, and to get the information to them that they need. He doesn't have time to bring you milk and cookies and tuck you in. You need to stop expecting your hand to be held and get sht done. Look around~ others are doing it. You have no excuse. 

As far as the 'death sentence' statement~ he is telling you either get the assignment in to you or you are done. Automatic fail. Death sentence to you passing the course. 

Better get to work cupcake, tic-toc, tic-toc.

Your professor is bending over backwards to try to help you, you idiot!  And you want to report him!?  What the flying f*** is wrong with you?