dizwar
dizwar asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

When making Jansson's Temptation, can you eliminate the cream, or at least use a more healthful substitute?

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me.

I would think with everything else that is in that, that the cream really isn't going to make it that much more unhealthy. I mean really!! You probably could get away with whole milk, but the cassarole will not be as creamy. If you totally do away with the cream you are going to have a thick gloopy mess.

• ?

I agree with anonymous in that some dishes like Jansson's Temptation are not diet friendly  nor should someone expect it to be. Was the temptation in the Garden healthy? We see what happened to pizza when people tried to make it healthy with quinoa for the crust and "cheese" made from nuts. The crust doesn't offer any of the pull because it lacks gluten and with it the crust's integrity is compromised. All that flavor and mouth feel is gone and we are left with hmmm, that must be vegan. Quinoa, nuts and broccoli, oh my! Bastardizing Jansson's Temptation is not something that I recommend. I am fully on board with people modifying the recipe to make it their own but when that change removes the creamy foundation, it's not something I like. May I please get some fat and gluten free caramel cinnamon rolls that are made without sugar or Splenda? 

I also agree that a mixture of WHOLE milk and yogurt is a good substitute because it isn't devoid of that creaminess that heavy cream has in spades.

• ?

Could you use unsweetened, unflavoured skyr or unsweetened, low fat, natural Greek yogurt. Both of these have less than !% fat and no added sugar. They are both as thick as double cream but with far less fat and fewer calories.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  "Healthful" is not a word that applies to this dish.  Don't even think about it.  There's a reason why most Swedes only eat it once a year.  Make a dauphinoise or a lyonnaise if you want to lighten up your potato casserole but don't mess with Jansson's.  Also make sure you use the right kind of "anchovies."  The right "anchovies" labelled "ansjovis" aren't actually anchovies at all but spratts.  It's the sandalwood in the cure that gives them a very particular flavour.

• tony

mix 1/4 cup (57 grams) of melted butter with 3/4 cup (177 ml) of milk. 

Combining milk and butter is an easy, foolproof way to substitute for heavy cream that’ll work for most recipes.

The butter adds extra fat to the milk, making its fat percentage similar to that of heavy cream.Combine 1/4 cup (57 grams) of melted butter with 3/4 cup (178 ml) of milk and mix thoroughly to make 1 cup (237 ml) of heavy cream. You can also add a tablespoon (8 grams) of flour to thicken the liquid, especially if you’re using low-fat milk.

also  [Soy Milk and Olive Oil or Milk and Cornstarch or  Half-and-Half and Butter