Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why do I feel like self-harming?

Whenever I get pissed off i want to self harm. How do I fix this?  I feel like carving my name into my leg

Try your best to resist from doing it and maybe do something else that would be a better healthier option to manage your emotions.

Hey, Friend. The desire to self-harm is a sign that things are not going right for you at the moment. Only a trained psychologist can tell you why you feel that way and recommend an appropriate intervention. You obviously care enough about yourself to recognize and question the problem, so do yourself a favour and get yourself the appropriate advice. Best wishes to you! x

Because you feel helpless to the situation or how you’re feeling so the best alternative to ease those emotions for a little bit is cutting yourself. Than your brain can focus on the painful cut rather than your emotions. But that only lasts for a short period, isn’t healthy to do and not a long term solution. Plus it leaves nasty scars. Try your best to resist from doing it and maybe do something else that would be a better healthier option to manage your emotions