Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

married women..  How did you force your husband to commit? ?

Men clearly do not commit by choice.  They are forced into it.

They are forced or coerced into it SOMEHOW.   They dont choose it on their own!!!!

No one wants to love or persue me because theres absolutely nothing special about me that sets me apart from other women.

Other womeb are pretty or have outgoing personalities, go on exciting vacations, or are constantly drunk..

Im not a blonde or a redhead, so its IMPOSSIBLE for me to be "more appealing"

Im not drunk...  But men actually orefer drunks.   They marry drunks then whine that their wife is always at the bar.

I have to become ANOTHER NEW PERSON...  Including changing my LOOKS

I didn't force my husband to commit to me. He wanted me from the very beginning and vice verse. I thought he had the most beautiful brown eyes the first time I ever saw him. Neither one of was drunk, when we met. We went out to a local BBQ place and had dinner (he paid). It was a great first date. We've been together ever since. 

• Foofa

Bitter, party of one, your table's ready. 

I didn't. He wanted to marry me. In fact, he was the first to bring up marriage, proposing thrice where I said yes twice (long story).

I'm an introverted, short, flat-chested brunette, a bit of a geek/nerd and nothing like the model-type women my husband used to date. I don't go on exciting vacations and my husband has never seen me drunk; tipsy at the most and very rarely.

And he's not the only handsome, successful great guy to have fallen in love with me. I've been very fortunate in that respect, or maybe that should be unfortunate, because I always felt terrible having to turn someone down.

From what you've written here, the most obvious difference between you and me is attitude. Work on that negative attitude and negative stereo-typing of men and what you believe they consider wife material, because if even a fraction of what you've written here shines through when you talk to men, then they're not going to be interested.

Learn how to love yourself, and instead of thinking of how to force a man to marry you, focus on what you have to give in a relationship and what you expect to receive from a relationship. This could e.g. be love, respect, support, friendship, laughter, sex, an equal partner who'll say it as it is. Men, just like women want to be respected and accepted for who they are, feel that they're special, loved, and attractive.

Don't fake it, though. It has to be genuine.

Nobody should be ''forced'' into doing anything. Oh and brunettes are very attractive just as much as any other hair colour, it just depends what a person fancies.

Also your attitude is probably what is putting men off you, stay single and work on yourself and make sure YOU are a decent human being. There will be positive things about you, you just need to work out what they are. Being drunk is all very well but it is not pretty in the long run. 

• ?

This is complete rot.  I knew quickly that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my girl.  I have done just that.  Men or women are not forced.  They CHOOSE to be married.  Taking the good with the bad.  (Or they end up divorcing because they forget the previous sentence). 47th anniversary today.

My husband chased me for 6 years, we lived together on and off (very expensive merry-go-round), I'd moved out for the final time and into my own place and, after 7 months, was actually thinking of dating and several prospects had shown up and then, out of nowhere, my now-husband showed up with a ring, a venue and wedding date and a life-long plan of partnering and we were wed 5 weeks later (32 years ago). He was not a particularly "good" boyfriend, yet we loved one another, but he's been a wonderful husband. It was all on his own. There was no chance we were reuniting but he bought the ring, planned the ceremony, designed the cake and, ultimately talked me into it. After 5 years of it clearly not seeming to be going in that direction. That was not a trick on my part. I forced him into nothing. I'd set up both free. And we ended up wed before the year was out.

Bottom line, what I did was treat us both with respect. And he fell for it. He doesn't regret it at all. 

As a guy, I can tell you that you can never force a man to commit. He has to do this voluntarily on his own. Perhaps if you made yourself more appealing to him and were pleasant, he'd commit to you.

• ?

The bottom line is, you can’t force a man to marry you (and even if you could, it would be setting the marriage up for failure). You can, however, inspire your man to marry you by showing him that you are his soul-mate, the woman he will always love and adore.

Loving Yourself Pursue your own interests and encourage him to do the same.

I didn't.  It took him two years to finally talk me into getting married instead of just living together.  

You think men are forced at gunpoint to sign marriage certificates and that this is legal?

Your tinfoil hat is too tight.