How does the public know if any covid 19 vaccine does not cause cancer in 10 years(it is new)?

or any other disease

• Bec

Simply put, we don't.

The vaccine is a new idea (not simply inject a bit of the virus so your body fight it) - that technology we know is ok.

Vaccines usually take around 10 years to be developed, tested and approved - I'm not anti-vax but I wont be having this vaccine until some long term tests have been done.

What concerns me is rolling this out and basically forcing large groups of people to have it COULD (not will, could) have knock on effects that aren't going to be known for a number of years. Look at the damage of thalidomide - a treatment suggested to a lot of people and suddenly there's an increase in birth defects.

What if the vaccine (for example) causes or increases the speed or risk of something like alzheimer's - again, vaccinating the over 80s first is (harshly speaking) a good way of testing the immediate effects but not so good for long term (or how it may affect health as many 80+ are beginning to suffer with old age related problems)

At this stage, I am in a low risk group and having spoken to those around me, our general feeling is to avoid until further long term testing is done (and I'm vaccinated - the usual childhood ones, chickenpox (job related and never had it when I was young), had BCG jab, HPV vaccine, various travel ones) so I'm not against the idea of vaccination.

This vaccine alters your RNA to "fight" the virus.  This is a recipe for terminal cancer.  

As the chances of your catching COVID increase each day and the associated deaths with it are also increasing, I'd be happy to take it and get 10 more years before I die of cancer!

Exactly!!! No one knows how today's vaccines will impact our health in 10-20 years...

They don't, neither do any of the government agencies that are in the process of approving one or more vaccines.

But vaccines are not new and the amount of data and research that exists for 2 of the current vaccines being reviewed is quite extensive.

Pharma companies have been working on anti-virus vaccines for DECADES.

• ?

well they don't and if they did they wouldn't be using them

We don't.

The Pfizer and Moderna drugs are brand new technology.  Not what's in the vaccine the actual "concept" technology of the vaccine.  It creates a protein in our body which in turn is supposed to create an immunity reaction.

= this has been considered in the past but never done in the past.  This is only for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. 

-- AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and the other vaccines use different technology.  The US utilizes one existing vaccine with the technology used in these vaccines.

Now let's add some more wrinkles to it:

- researchers don't know how immunity for covid works.  Researchers haven't  determined what creates immunity to covid.  Is is a change in the T-cells/B-cells or is it the IgG and IgM antibodies?  Now we have vaccines that are supposed to create immunity but we don't even know how immunity works - of course there are problems with that.

Now we add more wrinkles

- the vaccines have not been purposely tested on people who already have covid antibodies, since we don't know if we have covid antibodies, we don't know the outcome of adding the vaccine to someone with existing antibodies.

- the people with the vaccines have been told to follow CDC covid protocols. (social distance, wear a mask, etc) NOT hey go try to get covid so we can see if this even remotely works.

- With the Pfizer drug, the drug needs to be kept extremely cold (sub 82C) until 48 hours before the person receives it.  You hear story after story that "we got this".  You don't need to worry about samples getting spoiled before they are administered. 

Remember the "cold storage" is only until 2 days before they are administered. Which means when they are administered they won't be sub freezing cold.  How are we going to make sure that they were taken out of the deep cold 2 days ago and not 3 days ago?  They will feel exactly the same at time of administration.

The effects of receiving of receiving a spoiled vial needs to be studied and hasn't been.

Then we add the every day wrinkles:

Phase I testing = very small group of people get it, if they don't die or have immediate serious side effects the testing goes on.

Phase II testing = hundreds of people get the vaccine.

Phase III testing = thousands (up wards of 40000) people get the vaccine.

Pfizer announced their results after only five week after the Phase III group got their 2nd dose.  Five itty bitty weeks.   Yeah, not even short term analysis of changes to our body.  Only an itty bitty group of people had had the vaccine for 3 months at this point.

Moderna announced their results after six weeks of Phase III testing. 

Your point is very valid.

The medical community knows these issues and is pretending outwardly they don't exist.  Behind closed doors - who knows what the talk is.

The people reading this and think all is dandy, need to think for themselves instead of being snowed by the media.  The ones that are making fun of you = let's sign them up first and they can be the sacrifice. 

No other vaccine has caused cancer.

• ?

We don't. But I'd rather take a chance than live like we are now-- a diaper on our faces and not being allowed to touch our friends and family.