Fiance said i am not your husband and we dont have kids.?

Therefore he doesnt have to help financially. We are planning on getting married.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

IF he's not willing to help you pay for your wedding, then do NOT marry him. The wedding is not supposed to just come out of your pocket book. And he is also correct, he does not have to help you financially as well. 

• 1 month ago

Well, it's really not his role.  I'm sure he would help you out in an emergency or real need but you have to pull your own weight in this life too.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He is correct. One wonders what your question is.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

How about you cancel those plans of marriage.  Work it out, or forget it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Sounds like your fiance is able to generate enough income to support himself and thinks that you ought to be capable of that as well. Is it a red flag? It sure as heck is if you don't want to work. or if the lifestyle you two enjoy is way over your pay grade. 

It seems common, now, for couples to have two incomes as often as possible. It's important, when discussing marriage, that both parties feel similarly regarding expectations of input and finances. If you have been living over your income and want him to bail you out... maybe that, to him, seems an unreasonable burden to place on his shoulders. You two talk this out. It MIGHT be a deal breaker. It might not. 

It's not just that everything costs more now.. it's also that we want so much more. More shoes, more clothing, more appliances, larger homes, to replace cars more often, to take bigger holidays than anyone but rich people used to ever think possible... very few people can afford all that stuff without two good incomes. I've met a lot of people who willingly take out student loans but don't want to repay them and expect that their new spouses aid in the doing so. That's a burden unfair to require. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As you aren't married he doesn't have to support you.  You don't have to support him either.  That liability ( or benefit) begins with marriage.  I am suspicious of what you are wanting from him, or from the marriage, and both of you need to consider what you expect from the future.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is way too vague.  What exactly are you saying he needs to contribute?  All I can say is that, if the 2 of you are having a major disconnect on finances, this should have been sorted out BEFORE getting engaged.  It's the biggest cause of divorce.  It also makes me wonder what else the 2 of you neglected to discuss.  I say postpone the engagement and learn a lot more about each other and how to communicate.

• 2 months ago

Re-think THAT engagement.

Peace.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

get pre-marital counseling to find out what else he's not going to do. but this one thing is a dealbreaker for most women. this doesn't bode well for a lasting happy marriage.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Doesn't have to or doesn't want to? What is meant by helping financially? Are you living together? If so, is he not contributing? More detains needed!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.