DMV new registration process during COVID?

I moved back to California from Nevada right before all the covid shut downs and what not, got a job and all that and kind of blew off going to the dmv for a few things ( and for some reason I can’t figure out how to do any of this on the dmv website ) 1. I still have my Nevada license/m1. It’s still valid until 2027 but I received a letter a while back from California’s dmv saying my California license expired? I know my residency has changed so I need to update my drivers license, but that brings me into my next question. 2. I bought a motorcycle from one of my coworkers, he had it registered as a non-op. I need to change that since I’m riding it daily for my commute, I have all the paperwork I think I need, a valid insurance policy in my name, all that, but from what I was able to read on the dmv website, it said I need my California license to register a new vehicle. Is that true? Or am I misunderstanding the website, either way what steps do I need to take so I don’t get the bike impounded for not being registered.

Your Nevada license is not still valid.  A license is valid until the expiration date OR when you stop living in the state that issued it, whichever comes first.  It would have been valid until 2027 if you had stayed in Nevada, but because you moved back to California, your Nevada license stopped being valid.

• ?

Well, no your license is not valid until 2027.  When you moved to California, your out-of-state license expired __ days after you moved.  I didn't look up the number of days for California, but it's not very long.  

And you're right, the DMV website is crap.  Government websites are known for being as uninformative as humanly possible.

• ?

You have to visit the DMV IN PERSON. You can't register an out of state vehicle or obtain a CA license online.

• May

Since you are a resident of California, your Nevada license is NOT valid as you say it is.  Because your California license has expired is meaningless because  it is for when you lived in California before your move to Nevada,  This confusion is what happens when you don't follow the rules.  What to do now?  Ignore the fact that your old (invalid anyway)  Ca. license has expired.  You need to swap your Nevada license for a California license.  Do it ASAP because if you wait, you may not be able to do it.  When you go to the DMV office to get a new Ca. license ask about the motorcycle situation.

Jeez !   :<(