Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What do you think of these names on boys? ?

Sloan- I always liked this name for boys only. I think it sounds ugly and too masculine on girls.

Riley- Again, ugly and too masculine on girls.

Greyson  

Sloan- Always thought of this as a girl. I've met 1 Sloan

Riley- I actually love this name for both a boy or girl

Greyson- I love but too popular

Though I don't hate Riley/Reilly as a boy's name, on a girl I do agree that it sounds a bit too masculine

Greyson -- it's a fine name. If I used it, it would be as a middle name though, but if you like it as a first name, then use it as a first name.

Sloan -- I'm from the USA, and I have not heard this name on boys or girls. I guess it doesn't really suit our preferences, because I wouldn't use it either. It must be a cultural thing.

I like Sloan the most, the other two are pretty common nowadays. I babysit and work in daycare centers.

I like Riley of those choices.

I like all three.

Sloan -- I don't like the sound of this name at all but agree that it's better for boys. There's nothing pretty or feminine about it. 

Riley -- Too modern/trendy for my taste but again I agree it's definitely a boys' name. 

Greyson -- I really like this for a boy but I'd spell it Grayson. 

I don't care for Sloan at all.  I only know a girl and three women with the name.  No boys or men.

Riley is cute.  I like it for a boy or a girl.  

Greyson.  This is so popular right now.  I am not a fan.  I like Grayson better.  I like just Gray even better.

Sloan is a cool sounding name. I like it more in a boy. 

Riley: I personally love it on a girl. I know one boy with this name and like 6 girls with it. 

Greyson: it’s one of my favorite boy names. Grey would be the nickname 

• Jill

Sloan is a horrible name for either.

I like Riley for both. 

Greyson is possibly acceptable for a boy.

One of my best friends is named Sloan, but I've always hated his name. I've even said to him, "Dude, you're way less douchey than your name makes you sound."

Riley, I like, in part because of the expression "living the life of Riley." I feel like that makes it auspicious. I also like it because the sound "ri" in Hebrew means bad or evil and the sound "lee" means "to me," so the name literally means "bad to me" when heard by Hebrew speakers. I like that because I think it's good to message to a boy to be good but not too good. A bit of bad is better. 

Greyson, I don't like because, one, it uses the British spelling rather than the Americanized spelling; two, it's the name of Todd Chrisley's youngest brat; and, three, it just sounds pretentious. Plus, you're just begging to have kids at school call him "Grace."