My father passed away due to parkisons rest of family haven't helped I've been registered as next of kin but my mother has decided that... ?

She will make all the decicios regarding cremetion but as next of kin I'll be expected to do all the work I feel this is pretty selfish I'm the one that's cared for him yet I have no say in anything that happens my mother has started making excuses for other members of the family not doing anything and I just feel like I've been taken for granted and used if I say anything about what I think it Leeds to an argument I get accused of trying to take over

And I apologise for this being in wrong category

My condolences for your loss. May he rest in peace. 

"Next of kin refers to a person's closest living blood relative. The next-of-kin relationship is important in determining inheritance rights if a person dies without a will and has no spouse and/or children." 

Since your mother is alive and well, the responsibility of organizing and finalizing his funeral, etc is up to her unless otherwise stated by your father. If you were the one appointed personally, then it is your responsibility, but apart from that, it is your mothers duty as his wife and widow. If he had a will, that would also help sort out the inheritance... but again, as for the planning of the cremation or burial, that is up to her unless otherwise specified. 

By next of kin, do you mean you are the executor of your father's estate?   If yes, you are not obligated to accept that role if you do not wish to have it .  You are free to decline.

If you accept the role of executor of your father's estate, then you are in charge, not your mother.   Yes, the work is yours to do.   And you must do it according to your father's estate plan. 

It sounds like you need to visit your father's estate attorney (your father's estate will pay).

There is no point in arguing with your mother about anything until the two of you have a better legal understanding of what each of your roles are (and are not).

• Jill

Sorry for your loss. It sucks that you've been put in this position. 

My advice: if you are the one being tasked with making the decisions and organizing everything then just do it. I'm not saying you shouldn't take other people's opinions into consideration but the truth is you will NEVER please everybody so just do what you think is right and let the cards fall where they may.