?
? asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Do you notice that many questions and answers disappear every day for no apparent justified reason?

i'm not saying they are reported to me personally (but also), and i notice that the site is full of reports. interesting questions are reported, the delusions of trolls and anonymous remain undisturbed. do you notice it? what do you think about it? do the reporters of y!a act lawfully?

@LAN, i see questions about psychology books in 'psychology' reported, or about animated movies in 'cinema' reported, or at least more interesting and congruous than the incessant troling, racial offenses and obsessive posting of photos for example, that's my point.

why you consider this question a violation?

@CarolOkla, don't overdo with crunchies though, good continuation.

Every time i answer a Military Question and say i served for 38 years 4 members who never served report me my answer disappears

If i Tell the world that Islam has a Law for allowing babies to be Raped I get reported by one person with as she claim to have  40 accounts reports me until the answer is Gone 

this is Islam at its best Sharia Law 64.5

http://www.islam-watch.org/Larry/Muhammad-in-Islam...

I suggested a Monthly reporters list, so we can see who is reporting whom that would make Yahoo Fair and Honest

• ?

Yeahhhh, I've noticed--------my stalker stays up 24/7  reporting all my answers with his 500 sock puppets 

Hey, Friend. There are many questions that are reported unnecessarily or unfairly due to the nature of community reporting. Unfortunately, some of our less responsible community members may sometimes report without the appropriate justification, and that can affect other users. I hope that your account has not been impacted too severely by this behaviour. One excellent piece of advice I can offer is to ask and answer using the anonymous feature. This can prevent another user following you around and targeting your account. Best wishes to you! x

• .

No, I haven't noticed that "many questions and answers disappear" for no justified reason. Violations SHOULD be reported and removed, and a very large 5 of posts on the site (including your question here) are violations of one sort or another. 

.

Questions you consider "interesting" may get removed, but that doesn't mean they weren't violations. If troll posts don't get removed it means not enough users reported them.

.

Remember, the site is for information seeking questions. Asking the users "did you notice" isn't information seeking. In fact, it falls under the realm of a chat violation, because the responses while 'Interesting' to the OP (perhaps) don't really provide useful information to anyone. 

• SOT3

>90% of removals are going to be correct. There are that many users who do not understand the rules or who simply do not care. If you want to know the reason for a specific violation, post "Why was this question (answer) a violation?" and add any details you remember so the users can see the exact context. The experienced users here will explain it to you. Many times the violation is not in the question but in the added details and updates.

• ?

When are you going to understand that the ONLY moderators that YA has had since the end of 2014 are the YA USERS LIKE YOU? Neither Yahoo or Verizon PAYSX EMPLOYEES TO MONITOR OR MODERATE the YA forums. If not enough people report something, it Stays on YA. Much of the time it is NOT justified. People report things because they don't like the question or answer or they fear or hate the person who asked the question or had the correct accurate answer with sources that backed up their answer. They thumb things down to get emotional revenge. It has become very difficult and time consuming to appeal deletions. Even if you do successfully appeal to customer care, if they respond at all they want more information, the original text of the question or answer. Even if you CAN give them that or the URL address of the?question they never respond. 

The question whether it is legal or not, yes. it usually IS legal, but MANY people do NOT understand the community guidelines or the terms of the terms of service contracts which are different for different countries. The do not WANT to understand and they often do not realize or understand that they agreed to the CG and TOS contract TWICE. All they want to do us prevaricate or argue about it like YOU are doing in THIS question which someone is going to call a rant or a lecture. 

Dies that answer your question. May I go eat breakfast? 

• LAN

And I see a lot of questions that should be removed but arent.  for instance this chat violation that you just posted.  What's your point?

some but not many come on here with tons of accounts so they can report you. that is why many do not come on here all the time

It's been going on for a long time. I see proper legitimate questions frequently gone because the person with many sock accounts only signs on to YA for the sole purpose to report because it's their addiction. 

• Daniel

Some of them Yes but some of them are Correctly Removed for being a Violation of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines 

Not everyone on here Understands the Rules