One of my roomates stole my debit card out of my wallet while I was sleep, then spent $480 of Apple Cash? ?

I'm currently living at a homeless shelter. My local VA monthly payment of $1200 to help me pay for my online college things. I spent about $300 on bills, had 900 left. I made a bad mistake of leaving my wallet on the floor beside my bed last night. I woke up this morning, went on my laptop and was about to pay for something online when I went to get my wallet and I find out my Woodforest bank debit card has gone missing. So I check my transactions on the woodforest app, and I saw cumulative $480 of "Apple Cash" not sure what it was. I relocated my remaining $450 to my cash app card, which I do have on me. I reported it stolen, and cancelled my card, am going to get a new one at woodforest tomorrow when I head to work. I work at Walmart,just started 2 weeks ago make $11.50/hr. One roomate owns a android phone, while the other owns a iPhone. 

• Rick B
    Favorite Answer

Call your bank and dispute the charges.  Call the police and report the issue.

Report it to the people running the shelter as well.

One of your roommates stole your card OR you left it somewhere.

This is why you don't use debit cards, your account can be emptied and you may not get the the money back.

The FTC requires that debit cards are treated the same as credit cards.  If after the bank does their investigation and believes the card was stolen, then you will get all your money back (except potentially $50).  This can take up to 60 days for the investigation.

You need a police report. You also need to become responsible.