Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

How would you feel if your teenage daughter rode on her boyfriends motorcycle without you knowing?

• Archer

If he is a safe rider it would be ok but most "younger" cyclists aren't very smart and don't realize that on two wheels you die much quicker than on four. I would express my concern to both her and her boyfriend stating "he will pay for" any harm which comes to her.

As long as she is wearing a hel.et and not doing anything stupid and dangerous, no problem

• edward

She was not my girlfriend.  When i was 16 i had a bike and i gave girls a ride sometimes, none of them my girlfriend

I would be miffed, and there would be conversations with her AND her boyfriend regarding safety, and if she was still not of adult age that activity would be coming to a halt.

• mikey

Nothing, infact many young men/women ride and drive cycles.

I have no expectations to know what my daughter does all the time.  I do have an expectation that she make smart decisions.  So I would discuss with her why she thought taking such a risk was a smart decision then likely poke holes in her logic to make her think harder next time.

As long as they are wearing helmets, I'm ok with it.