Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

What in the world was happening to me?

One time I was on a trip with a bunch of old bags who loved to play bingo bingo and go on bus trips to the casinos bc they had nothing better to do than to go on these wild trips with seniors and spend their $$$$. It was seniors gone wild. I strayed from the pack to say the least. While on this trip, I was so at ease to the point that these wild seniors outdid themselves and bored me to death. I fell asleep almost darn nearly the whole trip, I missed the whole thing. While there dozing on and off, I decided to drink maybe 2-3 cups of coffee. I would still get knocked out. Then, when I would wake up, the lady I'm acquainted with would ask me if I'm okay and then afterwards another old lady would say, "don't you worry about her, focus on your bingo cards, she's not important."then she does these hand gestures as if I'm a bother. I would go right back to sleep, I couldn't control it.

Occasionally I'd wake up to go get coffee. I was introduced to a gay gentleman who was very handsome and friendly guy. (I thought he was such a sweetheart. I wanted to get to know him because I thought he had such a kind loving vibe to him. But she later insisted not to since he's gay. I was just wanting to get to know him, was all.) In conclusion, while playing bingo, during the bus ride back to the drop off lot. I do get tired easily but how come on this one trip I was so tired? 

Considerably I'm not someone that doesn't enjoy sleeping. It's a coping mechanism for me for dealing with depression but that doesn't apply to this one observation. 

I am sorry that you received so many rude responses to this question. It could be if there were a change to a higher altitude that you were not able to process enough oxygen. Lack of oxygen can make you tired. Something to consider.

Source(s): Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama

The question is; why would you go on a bus trip with those you obviously don't like, along with activities (Bingo) you have no interest in?  

As for what was happening to you regarding constantly falling asleep despite drinking plenty of coffee, I'd say one of those "old bags" drugged your coffee so as not having to be subjected to your antagonistic behavior towards them. LOL 

It could be a reason for concern. You may have a sleep disorder. If you had been properly rested, you would have been writhing in psychological the entire trip. So for this trip the disorder could have been a blessing. But sleep deficiency can affect your physical health long term. Get this checked out.

Your problem is that you don't know how to enjoy yourself, live like there's no tomorrow, because when you're old that's very close to the truth. you could also get your own frustrations out on the oldies, you can yell at them, call them names, insult them, tell them your most inner secrets because half of them won't hear you and all of them will have forgotten what you said in ten minutes time, and then you can tell them all over again.

• kswck2

YOU will be one of those Old Bags eventually. Hopefully, someone at your age now will be kinder than you are now.

• Audrey

Sounds deadly boring to me. That's why you slept. So would I!!!

Some `old bag` slipped a few of her sleeping pills into your coffee to keep you out of the way because YOU were SO boring. 

The real problem here is that no one on Yahoo Answers either knows or cares what in the world was happening to you. We don't know because we weren't there, and we don't care because we don't know you at all.