Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Why did high school go by so fast?

I started in August 2017, and now I have less than 6 months until I graduate. That's over 3 years ago, where did the time go??

Favorite Answer

I’m on the same boat! I started in Aug 2017 and now it’s December 2020, almost graduation time! Well, we still have a few months before we receive our diplomas and toss our graduate caps in the air. Someone on this website mentioned to live the moment. Everyone says to explore possibilities during this time, complete any applications, figure out where you want to go, file for financial aid, prepare the applications ready with approval of an adult recommending you (recommendations), to finish any large tests that will help you go to college, find any community service to help your community and also gain hours, and all the stuff high school students get told by their families, older friends, graduated persons, professors, instructors, teachers, principals, etc. It’s a lot to take in & consider. I wish you the best of luck out there! It’s normal to feel this way and be nostalgic and think “where did the time go”, like it’s a huge jump, and we got to prepare ourselves. :) Don’t stress it over.

*

Also, yes we don’t know time. It sort of flashes before us when we’re having fun or being stuck- “hands on the clock only turn one way”-Little Mix.

I remember being a 5th grader in elementary school back in 2013-2014. I was told I looked like a college student when I went with my ma to her college, and everyone was older, looked scary, but guess what...? I’m that (almost) college student. Well, I do take college classes in high school.

• ree

Generally speaking, time seems to go faster engaged in what is liked and slower w/ what is disliked.