Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

Is northwestern mutual a good investment for your money? ?

I am wanting to invest my money and my friend works for northwestern mutual. Is it a good investment to go with my friend through them? 

Should say I’m 23. In college for a graduate degree and work full time. 

• Steve

Keep anything to do with friends and your investing life separate. Youll be much better off for it.

• kswck2

No. NEVER take the advise of a 'friend' that happens to work at a particular company. Do your own research. 

No. Life insurance is for covering your liabilities and taking care of dependents. You are better off investing the money yourself rather than pay insurance premiums.  

No. You get smaller returns than you would with an index fund. And it can add up a LOT over 30-35 years.

You should invest in an S&P 500 index fund.

Life insurance is a different animal and you should buy term if and when you need it. For less.

i would ask your friend about it

• Judy

Insurance is not a good investment unless you die real young, then it's good for your survivors.