Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

I want to buy myself a new car soon what do you recommend?

Honda civic

toyota corolla

hyundai elantra or accent

nissan sentra or versa

My budget is under $20k

• 5 days ago

Find auto auctions network from https://carauctionnetwork.com/

Easy to answer. Get a Honda Civic and you will not be disappointed. 

This isnt even a question. Hyundai accent. 6 speed manual. If you dont know how to drive manual then learn. It's not hard and manual transmissions are super reliable if you take care of them. I dont know anything about the CVTs on the accent. Maybe they're reliable. I dont know. But I can guarantee the 6 speed will last longer than any automatic transmission on a corolla or civic, as long as you drive it correctly and dont abuse it.

No matter what, as soon as you get a new car, you should consider washing it, clay bar-ing it, and apply a coat of ceramic wax on it.

Also, learn to drive farther behind other cars and park far away from people. Rock chips suck. 

Source(s): HYUNDAI ACCENT IS SUPREME

Of those, civic wins hands down. Corollas issue in prior years is less than satisfactory performance. Sluggish base engine. Also consider Mazda3 it does not have that problem.

I would only consider a hyundai if I was absolutely 100% positive I was keeping it for 100,000 miles. 10 YEAR 100K Warranty only to the original owner. I disagree with the other poster who says they last longer than honda or toyota.

Honda Civic Versus the Competition

Which Is Better: Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla?

The Toyota Corolla has a perfect predicted reliability rating and a lot of standard driver aids. Compared to the Honda, the Toyota also has a more intuitive touch screen and more standard features, such as Apple CarPlay. In most other areas though, the Honda takes the edge. It has stronger engines, sportier handling, more cargo space, and nicer cabin materials. Both of these models were finalists for our 2020 Best Compact Car for the Money award. Neither is a bad pick, but the Honda is the better choice of the two.

Which Is Better: Honda Civic or Mazda3?

The Mazda3 is another great pick in the class. Like the Honda, it comes as a sedan or hatchback, but it lacks the coupe option. Regardless of body style, the Mazda has a serene and engaging ride with thrilling driving dynamics. However, the Honda has more rear-seat room and cargo space. It’s a bit more affordable too, with the base sedan costing around $1,750 less and the base hatchback costing around $1,950 less.

-----------

Versa is total crap and Sentra is not better than any of the others except Versa.

I'm told by car rental people that the interiors of their Toyotas don't hold up. I'd give the Hyundai a look... their cars seem pretty good and their price is probably a bit lower than other companies that are better-established in the market. Hondas are always good, but pricey these days. I can't tell you much about the Nissan, but I seem to vaguely recall hearing something uncomplimentary about them.

Good luck!