Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

How do men prefer women in 40’s to dress?

I’m average size 5’5 and 140 lbs.  Been widowed for 2 years and doing a makeover.  Thinking about dating again, not sure.   I’m looking for a new style but can’t decide what I like.  Pictures would be helpful.  

I like seeing women dress in business casual attire like they are going to Church, nice shirts, dress pants and casual shoes or boots. Some jewelry and nice smelling perfume that isn't over powering . I like seeing women wear nice jeans and sneakers that isn't to flashy. I don't like it when they wear sleep pants and ragged clothes when they are out and about. I am not that excited about high heels or other clothing that makes them look ''slutty''.  I am a Church going Christian as anyone men or women don't need super fancy clothes to impress anyone!

a nice dress on.............

and with no panties underneath.........

for easy access............

oh yes 

As if ALL men would have the exact same opinion ...

Come on. Dress in a way that YOU like and that makes YOU feel comfortable and attractive. There is absolutely no point in dressing any other way.

WATCH OUT THE WORLD IS WICKED BE CAREFUL

Generally, on a first appearance, I'm attracted to a lady wearing conservative style clothing who wears a minimum of make-up. Beyond that, I'm attracted by her personality. 

a nice dress on.............

and with no panties underneath.........

for easy access............

oh yes 

It doesn't matter how men prefer a woman to be dressed. The ONLY thing that matters is the woman's own opinion, she should dress exactly how SHE feels comfortable and happy.

Starting at the top: 

Men like women's hair to be soft and not be too fussy: Loose, wind-blown looks without too much goop. (Just tumbled out of bed look, even better.) 

If you're starting to gray, don't cover it, just get some highlights to blend it in. Men prefer natural looks, and most will say they like long hair, but usually they think of shoulder length as long, but soft around the face is more important. - Most men think makeup is an ugly nuisance. Makeup should be used to highlight your features, not distort them. Soft eyeshadow and liner, soft fresh-looking cheeks, kissable lips (not too matte or too shiny.) 

- Don't dress too old or too young for your age. Men appreciate the suggestion of curves (way more than in-you-face, form-fitting, tight-skinned trashy stuff - they see plenty of that just a'walking down the street.) A woman should have a bit of mystery about her. 

So, yes they like curves - and also, they like solid colors more than prints - a bit of print is okay, but they really prefer mostly solid colors like red & blue and neutrals - nothing muddy or harsh. I've gotten the most compliments from men when I've been wearing ivory - go figure. 

- Men also have a strong preference for clothes that aren't too complicated - clothes that look like they might be easy to remove(!) Men think about sex every 5 minutes or so, and they like to undress women with their eyes, so you gotta throw 'em a bone without giving away the store. 

There's more, but this should get you started! There are whole books on the subject, even specific to the kind of guy you hope to attract - visit your local library.  

As a woman I could never date after my husband passed away, I loved him way too much, and I feel as if I were replacing him, he always told me honey if I die before you, I am not gonna date another women, you are my ONLY ! (cried typing this) But if you decide to date, date for yourself and NOT the man, he will need to love you for you, and if he don't he isn't good enough!

• ?

Dress for you and not for a man, confidence is far more sexy than what clothes you're wearing.