Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

How Cleveland brown be wild card team when they have 3 losses yet eagles and cowboys have a higher chance to make playoffs and not wildcard ?

Eagles and cowboys have 7 and 8 losses, browns have 3 losses yet eagles and cowboys have a higher percentage to make playoffs. Browns if dey make da playoffs have to play an extra game. 

Update:

Extra game being the wildcard. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

They play in different divisions. The NFC East is very bad this year and anyone can win it. The Browns would have to pass the Steelers to be a division winner and that's very unlikely.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The way the playoffs work is well defined, there's no reason for us to walk you through it - if you can read the rules here, you can read them on some other website where I don't have to take the time to type them for you.

With the state of the AFC, the Browns could win 10 games and not even make the playoffs.  The Eagles and Cowboys are not really relevant to this discussion, since they're in the NFC.

The Ravens, win or lose today, have a decent shot at winning out after that and finishing with 11 wins.  The Colts have a shot at 11 wins.  The Dolphins and Raiders are both in the hunt.  There are a lot of teams competing for those 3 spots. 

• 2 months ago

The Browns aren't playing an extra game, since there is only going to be ONE bye and the winner of the NFC East is playing the same amount of games. However the Cowboys and Eagles have a better chance because they have an easier schedule remaining and SOMEONE has to win the NFC East. So the chances of making the playoffs goes by who the rest of the division plays and how much they are likely to win as well. 

• Dave
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Cleveland should make it in, so "peace out" on the other hand I agree that no one should be in the playoffs from the NFC east.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They play in different divisions and different conferences. The Browns play in the toughest division in the league, while the others play in the dismal NFC East, where no team is doing all that well. Only the division winner from the NFC East will make the playoffs.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Eagles (3-7-1) and Cowboys (3-8) play in the NFC East division, led by the 4-7 New York Giants and Washington Football team. Both teams are within a game of the division lead. That being said, I don't see either team making the playoffs. I'm an Eagles fan, and I do not believe my team will win another game this year.

Meanwhile, Cleveland plays in a competitive AFC, where its division leader is the undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers, and the wild card positions are held by teams with 7-4 and 8-3 records. Cleveland has to play 2 of those teams, in the Titans and Ravens, and probably needs to win at least one of them to secure a playoff berth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.