Caller ID question: How did they get my first and last name? ?

I was talking to some guy from an app. I gave him my snapchat and then eventually my phone number. He managed to find out my first and last name. His phone wasn't an Iphone, so that rules out the "Probably: First Lastname" thing that appleID discloses. Even if it was, I changed my first and last name on appleID. 

1) If you change the name on apple ID, would it change the Caller ID?

2) Can someone see or obtain caller ID without having called you? Is texting enough to obtain that info? 

3) Could my email (the email that my appleID is registered under) have disclosed my first and last name? (my first and last name are the email for the appleID)

4) Did my service provider somehow give away this info? How do I change it? 

Clearly I don't understand how caller ID works, but I want to figure out if I can restrict the information that's given away. My phone number should only have displayed a phone number and that's it. 

They look at a telephone directory, my friend.

There are many, many sites on the internet where you can plug in a phone number and get the name that's associated with it.