If I was go tell a salesman from Best Buy that my Sony Bravia 55 inch LCD TV pops when it turns and off will he say,``Get a new TV?''?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Most likely. You're the solution to every sales person's problems. The problem is they'd lose their job if they didn't sell you a new TV. Most of the TVs they're selling nowadays are throwaways. There's nothing to 'em. Normally just a screen and a motherboard. You'd be better off upgrading to a more recent model since the cost of the repair is just as much if not more than buying a brand new TV.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn't be surprised. But they also have a service department.

• 2 months ago

Sales personnel are not repair technicians.   

Take the TV to someone who knows how to deal with its innards.   

• 2 months ago

He might suggest a power conditioner instead, but there's no guarantee it will stop the popping.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

First of all, a Best Buy salesman is an expert in one thing and one thing only... SALES! Hence the same SALESman! They have absolutely no expertise in electronics. Maybe some do but that's not a required qualification to get hired at Best Buy. But they are NOT TV repairmen! So the "advice" these salesman will give you will only be for the sole purpose of selling you something. He's not doing it because he cares so much for you or because he honestly knows what the best TV is for you. Having said that, a popping noise from a TV is not normal and is obvious problem that is a cause for serious concern. So yeah, you should get a new TV before the popping noise causes problems that could potentially be harmful.

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

the popping noise is caused by an electrical problem , he gave you good advice . noise is caused by a power serge , probably cheaper to replace it than repairing it .

• Probably recommend it get looked at for repair, I would assume it's a power board issue. 

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The salesman at Best Buy do not get commission so I doubt he would encourage you to buy a TV based on that information.  He would probably tell you TV's often normally make sounds when they are turned on and off and if it's working normally not to worry about it.    

• 2 months ago

Would he say,``If a TV is popping when it turns on and off its not normal?''

• 2 months ago

If selling TVs was that simple, yes he would.  Maybe 2-3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.