Hello. Is there an effective way to report harassment on this website, or is it a lost cause?

The report button is pointless. There is a user who continues to spam anonymous replies daily, with very serious and personal insults towards a certain user, almost with death threats. Is it possible to resolve this issue by contacting the staff? Is it possible to stop his multi-accounts activity? What information is required? Question ID? Answer ID? Are deleted answers kept on the server, or are they deleted permanently? Thank you for your support.

Update:

Anonymous, that would not work too, the problem is that he spams his idiotic harassment in questions asked by other users too, me included. He just wants the harassed person to leave the website, I think.

Update 2:

Everybody knows he has dozens of accounts. Just today, he spammed 7-8 answers in a few minutes, calling his victim a "missing abortion, fat *ss, b*tch" and so on. But I'm afraid he's using some kind of bot for spamming all that crap.

Update 3:

It's always the same message, dozens and dozens of lines, copy-pasted randomly in the whole website

Update 4:

Ignoring him just doesn't work. According to the victim, this behavior has been going on for years (ignoring included).

Update 5:

Anon, I cannot give you a link, because the idiot almost always deletes his answer immediately after having posted it, so it's shown in notifications but not under the question.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Report that they are a conservative expressing their view and yahoo will delete it immediately.  If they are liberals they are allowed to be as mean spirited, vile and vulgar as they choose. 

I believe they are following the facebook, twitter and youtube models of only censoring conservative speech.   

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about linking to a question where he does this so we can judge for ourselves rather than take your word for it since a lot of lazy trolls post exactly this type of question to try to get someone removed who's only fault is that they see right through you. 

Sure he does.   Sounds more like you are just crying wolf.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lost cause Reporters Bigots and Racists Rule yahoo Answers since it was Sold

• 1 month ago

to answer your question..........NO, there isn't. 

Yahoo/Verizon has stopped responding  to or caring about complaints. 

Trolls now literally run the site by abusing the completely  AUTOMATED  report feature.  All you need is a handful of sock puppets, and you can spend all day removing *anything* you want. 

Appealing gets you no where and they no longer respond or care. 

Writing to "abuse@verizon.net "   gets you  a  "No REPLY" form letter response, that says your report  really, really matters to them......

and they do absolutely  ZILCH about the problem.

The old Yahoo addresses are either worthless or no longer even work. 

At best, you also get a nice form letter, telling you to use the worthless flag icon option for reporting, which also does absolutely nothing.....unless , as I said, you have 20 sock puppets and can smash that flag icon 20 times, with 20 different accounts. 

That's the only way to remove things now. By cheating. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no dedicated way to report an account. You can try to report it via the Contact Us button if you click the Help link at the bottom of any page, but even if the offending account is suspended, nothing stops that user from creating another account and continuing their behavior. People don't get 'banned' from Yahoo, so if they choose they can create another account and carry on. If people ignore and don't react at all to such trolls, they typically get bored and leave (because a reaction is what they seek). The reason there are so many trolls here is because other users 'feed' them, instead of just reporting their posts and moving on (no TU/TD, no comments to them or about them, no responses to any questions they post). 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The only thing you can try is Sending them a Email and see if they do anything 

here is there email address

customercare@cc.yahoo-inc.com

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have reported people who are rude and nasty like Lan and some who cuss on here and their answer is hardly ever removed. then I will ask a question and nothing is wrong with the question and someone will report the question and the question is gone. I know of someone who answers a lot of questions and always gets best answer and not one person can know everything and if she does not like you, will report you. if someone's account is ban, they will open more accounts

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no way to. Reporting has become pointless. I sometimes can block abusive users like in the case of LAN but other times they answer anonymously. Yahoo Answers randomly deletes questions that are not violations and yet allows users to insult people and say things like "mindless idiot" to one another. It is sad but this site does not enforce its own rules.  

• 2 months ago

You are probably looking at a user with ten accounts or one who gets suspended and makes new accounts quickly or both. There is nothing that can be done under the current system.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not much you can do. Yahoo might ban their Yahoo Answers account, but nothing will prevent them from making a new one. The person being harassed should probably just make their questions and answers anonymous for a while.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.