Is there a way I can ask for a family member or any other way to bring them to the U.S? ?

I have an older aunt. She is no longer able to take care of herself. Mentally or physically. She is ill and we have no one back in our home country to take care of her. Is there any way to bring her here? Me and my family here can absolutely take good care of her. Is there such path for that? 

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Possibly, but the waiting list can be about 20 years depending on her country.  I don't know if she'll live that long.  It might be better for you to go back to her country to care for her.

  • 2 months ago

    Since she is not physically & mentally competent, she is probably inadmissible. Why did your family all abandon her to begin with? Either some family member(s) go take care of her, or hire someone there to care for her & pay the bills. 

  • 2 months ago

    If your aunt is a sibling of one of your parents they they can sponsor her for immigration.

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    If someone is your family is an immediate relative to her and can prove they can pay for her medical care this person could apply to sponsor her. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.