Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I went on a first date with this guy on Saturday. Is it bad that he did not pay for my food? ?

He got this personal pizza thing and I got pasta. He did say he wants to go out again. I paid for my own food. and now he's out Christmas shopping buying stuff for himself. what do yall think?

yeah haha he asked me outttt. i was just asking. i didn't mind I just wasn't sure how to feel. its my first date ever :)

• MissA
    Favorite Answer

I'd say generally the person who does the asking out does the food buying, but if it doesn't bother you then it's not a problem.  And if it does bother you then you're only out the cost of a cheap entree.

In my younger day, when I asked a girl out, it was at my expense. Us guys paid all costs of dating. Today it's changed considerably.

I don't know what you mean by 'bad'. Why should he be expected to pay for your food? Are you living in poverty? Are you homeless?

He should have paid, it's the polite thing to do. Now that you know he's a miser, you can give him the flick.

I think there is nothing about a first date that would imply he's supposed to be out Christmas Shopping for YOU! It's actually pretty common for people to go out "dutch". Unless you require that people pay for your company.

It depends, who invited who? Was it a mutual decision?

In my book the one who invites offers to pay. If no-one really invited, then each pay for their own order.

I'm not sure what his Christmas shopping has to do with anything?

I think I would like a tennis bracelet if he's buying for me.  Other than that, what is "bad" about paying for your own food?  When my husband and I were dating I often treated HIM to theatre tickets, dinner, something.  He didn't NEED my help. I just thought it was fair, because we were both employed.

If you think you can control his shopping after one date you will turn into a monster after two dates.