Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

I bought a new car but I’m having some problems. Can someone help me?

I bought a new car last year from the Nissan dealership. It’s a 2019 Nissan Kicks. I started having some problems so I took it to the service department at the dealership. They told me that the transmission needed to be changed and they have been taking weeks to repair it because they’re going to install a new transmission. Since my car has guarantee for 3 years I didn’t had to pay anything but I’m scared that the car will continue giving me problems down the road. Is this kind of problem normal for a new car? I know all cars have problems but mine is almost new. I bought it with 0 miles at the dealership. Should I keep this car or trade it? I’m just scared that the transmission might get damaged when I no longer have guarantee and I will have to pay thousands from my own pocket.

Should I give it a try and see if the new transmission works or what should I do?

Once you get it back with the new transmission, it'll still be under warranty. If it's fixed, you should be good. If it goes again, which I doubt, then look at getting rid of it for another.

• zipper

In vest a couple of hundred dollars in a good attorney and have him write them a letter of intent.  Also contact the Federal Trade Commission in Washington DC, your State Attorney Genneral, the Better Business Bureau; other wise build a bomb firer under their ***! It should take them no more than a week to get the new transmission and put it in. They are screwing you over!  NOW GET NASTY!

Many newer vehicles have that POS CVT transmission. Owners of vehicles with CVT transmissions will get customer good will extended warranties on the tranny IF they have it serviced at the dealer at 60,000 mile intervals. Make sure you do that if you keep the vehicle. One of the few imported vehicles that does not have a CVT transmission is the Toyota RAV4.

Your car should not cost you anything to have that transmission replaced--occasionally a new car will have such issues, and the dealership is responsible for fixing them. Now--should you trade it or keep it?  Well, FIRST find out what warranty or guarantee you're going to have on that new transmission. If it's not going to cost anything to replace, you really haven't got much to lose by letting them replace it. BUT I understand your concern--what if it happens again?  There is always a possibility. 

If they aren't going to give you a 100% warranty on the new one, then trade it and get something else. I hope they're also giving you a loaner so you aren't out a vehicle. 

• ?

yes and , first take your complaint to nissan , they have to fix it , the car dealer just sells the car , they dont do the warranty for free to nissan , and who has a brand new transmission laying around , the come from japan .

• ?

everything new thats Nissan is rubbish get rid of it as its about to run out of warranty and never buy another Nissan Renault.

Give it another chance.

Nissan CV transmissions do require more care than some, but you should not worry.  New cars tend to have more problems than ones that are a couple of years old.  Once the problems are corrected, that is it , no more problem (usually).  If you trade it, you will lose money and will be starting out with an untested car again.

Have faith that everything will work out.

• ?

Not likely to be a long term problem, especially since they are not repairing but replacing the transmission. However, if there was ever a good reason to buy the extended warranty this might be one. 

Transmission problems are rare, very rare. Generally, when a part fails, it was flawed from the start. Nissan has a good track record, so your transmission should last for many years.