Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What do you make of this, boys?

Explain how this indicates women want to be 'guys'. Why? 

God, that's true. Men also do not have to conform to some outdated, toxic persona expected of them by society. I suspect you're being sarcastic or might have thought you were being very clever. 

Actually, it is, David. This is about expected behaviors of women. Notice the answers here. Bill even states women who don't act like 'women' will be alone. It matters, David. 

Hhmmm... No comments... But I guess that its ok...

• liz

Some men don’t seem to have an issue whilst others seem to find it quite upsetting. Dating is a market place at the end of the day.  Men and women all have to make some effort with their appearance and also it probably helps if a person isn’t stuck in the past. No names, no pack drills.  Aggressive, shouty types will struggle to be seen as relationship material to more mentally balanced individuals. 

No, women don't have to be anything but themselves. But people sure do get nervous and upset when they do do that. Why are you such a *****? is usually the reaction or some version of why are you so awful, bad, wrong, evil and terrible. Or as Bill and others have so stereotyped, women who do not conform to that narrow strip of how a 'woman' should look, behave, act and be, she will be alone because she broke the rules she didn't set up or agree to. The worst thing some MRA's can imagine is that a woman will be alone without their, um, company. 

God on here turned this into an all about men list. That's also par for the course. If any attention at all is turned from men, then it's cause for alarm. Sometimes, gentlemen, you should stop getting hysterical and actually listen and pay attention to the "other side". If you can do that once in a blue moon, it would be really nice. You might even get some smiles. 

• ?

Woman here, and to be fair women are far harder on each other than men are on women. Most guys are just happy to have any woman pay attention to them. 

• david

Who's asking you to do all of that? I myself, and all the guys I know don't actually have a list of things .... Be true and good for you. If and when you meet someone who wants to be a part of your life, and you wan tot be a part of their's, .... There are real issues out there, I know; but this isn't one of them. 

Nobody HAS to do anything. But if a woman (or a man) wants to find a partner, they need to make themselves desirable to the opposite sex. You might think you're taking a stand, but how many guys want an obese, unfeminine, short-haired, butch, hairy, unfashionable, frigid woman who can't cook? What exactly is that woman offering, that any guy would want?

• God

Men do not have to: 

--pay for dates

--give you money

--be thin

--be muscular 

--have a job 

--be tall

--exercise 

--like your friends 

--be masculine 

--have sex with you 

--shave their face 

--take your BS 

• Bill

Well, women can be forever alone if they want. 

Edit: That's not exactly what I said. You're intentionally standing against everything men want from women and then acting like everything should be fine. If you offer a man nothing he wants chances are he won't see much reason to stick around. Sure, he might have sex with you if you're cute, but beyond that I wouldn't bank on much. 

"What do you make of this, boys?"

What I make of that is that it is an extension of feminism, where they demanded that women be liberated from all of their traditional responsibilities to their men and the society, but did not allow men that same option.  Under this extended version, not only are women not beholden to any traditional responsibilities, but they are not beholden to men any way whatsoever, not even in ways that would enhance the male/female dynmic.

When is it men's turn to be liberated equally?  When can we create a poster for that and shove it in everyone's face this same way?  It might say the following:

MEN DO NOT HAVE TO:

-protect women 

-act civilized or refined in public

-restrain their aggression

-engage in creating and maintaining a safe society

-advocate for women, or even get involved in any women's issues

-provide for anyone except themselves

-make women comfortable in their presence

You see how selfish and despicable "liberation" can be?  Or does this equality actually have to be implemented before it is truly understood?  Because the problem there is that once you go there it's probably permanent.  It would then be like trying to unfry an egg.

.

• Zirp

I agree completely

They just have to be smart enough to understand that I don't date smokers